3 Tonne Payload!
Our latest innovative and Heavy-duty 6×6 conversions now apply to over 25 models.
– All Ford F-series’ (F-150s, F-250s, etc);
– Ford Ranger;
– All Dodge Ram series’;
– All Chevy C series’;
– Mazda BT-50;
– Toyota Hilux;
– All Toyota Landcruiser series’;
– Nissan Navara NP300;
– Nissan Patrol Y60/Y61/Y62;
– Mercedes-benz G-Wagen;
– Mercedes-benz Sprinter;
– Mercedes-benz Unimog;
– Mitsubishi Triton;
– Iveko Daily 5500;
– Volkswagon Amarok; and the list goes on…
For Safety and Dynamic Stability in Steering and Ride Comfort Performance…
For carrying Heavy Loads and Towing Heavy Loads…
Most people who Tour, Tow, and have to carry heavy Payloads for work each day (e.g. Construction, or Mineral Exploration Rigs) find themselves almost always forced to carry and tow at (or above) their vehicle’s GVM/GCM limit.
This is really not safe.
Does your Ute need greater GVM capacity than its original factory GVM?
Need more space or Tray length than your current standard Light-commercial vehicle provides?
You’ve come to the right place…
6×6 AUSTRALIA Pty Ltd have conversions that offer effective solutions to the various requirements in weight capacity upgrades; Custom-built Chassis frame, Differential / Axle Shaft, and Drive-line Enhancements for strength and reliability as well as and ANY High-Class, Custom/Bespoke Bodymaking requirements for your vehicle that you might imagine.
We have been at this for over 30 years and are the industry leaders in truly capable, safe, and reliable GVM/GCM upgrades for your Towing “Workhorse”.
6×6 AUSTRALIA offer 3 main modification types for you to consider:
1)- Chassis & Suspension systems;
2)- Drive-line systems;
Our extensive list of highly-advanced ADR-compliant Suspension & Driveline System upgrades have been designed and prototyped here by ourselves, as a family operation starting in 1984.
Each 6×6 model’s Federal ID Plate Approvals (IPAs), which certify our work, helps provide prestigious yet affordable options to suit individual budgets and personal preferences over a selection of base vehicle Chassis’ to convert to 6×6 (with more than a dozen to choose from).
Our IPAs allow your vehicle to be registered for road use in any State or Territory in the country too.
If we don’t have an IPA for the one you want, we’ll have our Automotive Engineer company (All Vehicle Compliance P/L) certify the one you want.
It’s all a part of the service.
Click the links below to view 3D CAD images of our latest addition to 6×6 AUSTRALIA Pty Ltd’s “Workhorse stables”, our Mil. Spec. 6×6 Rear Suspension and Driveline assembly (Internationally Registered Design No.s 201714910, 201714911, and 201714912):
Click the link below to see our 3D CAD images:
Originally invented in the 1990s by our Founder and Chief Executive, Mr. Bob James, this ingeniously simple, yet advanced piece of homegrown Aussie Automotive Engineering has many broad and diverse applications.
For more info on this, see our Future Concept Designs page. 6×6 AUSTRALIA Pty Ltd are currently finalizing successful trials (started in 2017) of our Roller-drive Power-divider in the ZAMBONI Corp. USA and their Ice-resurfacing machines. It works to help solve challenges there in balancing traction requirements for working on Ice-skating Rinks with maneouverability when off ice, in order to avoid suffering drive-line damage.
Applications in High-speed off-road 4×4 racing machines are also set for the coming year, later in 2019.
Australian Design Rules (ADRs) and legal compliance of vehicle modifications:
Australian Design Rules (ADRs) are rules that legally bind Automotive Engineers in vehicle design and manufacture to design safe and reliable vehicles for Australian roads.
All of 6×6 AUSTRALIA’s conversions have full ADR Compliance, and most with our own Federal ID Plate Approvals (IPAs). Our IPA numbers certify our 6×6 Suspension and Drive-line modifications Nationwide. This means you can register it in any State or Territory, and when you go to sell it, its IPA adds resale value, especially for potential interstate buyers who won’t have to get a new Engineer’s Report in their State or Territory (which they do with individual Engineer Reports).
Federal IPAs are a long-winded and expensive process of Engineer Testing and Certification paperwork through the Federal Dep’t of Infrastructure, Regional Development, and Cities in Canberra. They took us years to achieve. Once we put our plate on your converted vehicle, it stays there for the life of the conversion.
This following list shows the 6x6s we have IPAs for.
1) – Toyota Landcruiser 70 series 6×6 (current model LC70, LC75, LC76, LC78, LC79) for Middleweight/Car Licence upgrade to 4,495kgGVM (Federal ID Plate #43189); and for Heavyweight/Truck Licence upgrade to 6,080kgGVM (Federal ID Plate #46527);
2) – Toyota Landcruiser 200 series 6×6 (current model LC200) for Middleweight/Car Licence upgrade to 4,495kgGVM; and Heavyweight/Truck Licence upgrade to 6,080kg GVM (Federal ID Plate #48397);
3) – Nissan Patrol Y61/GU 6×6 for Middleweight/Car Licence upgrade to 4,495kgGVM (Federal ID Plate #47606); and for Heavyweight/Truck Licence upgrade to 5,500kgGVM (Federal ID Plate #47607);
4) – Mazda BT-50 6×6 (current model) for Middleweight 4,495kgGVM upgrade (Federal ID Plate #47852); and
5) – Ford Ranger 6×6 (current model) for Medium/Lightweight GVM/GCM (Federal ID Plate #48853).
New 6×6 AUSTRALIA models currently having our Suspension and Drive-lines adapted for ADR compliance and individual IPAs (in 2018) include:
– Iveco Daily 5500 6×6 and 6×4 (current model) in Heavyweight configuration 8,000kgGVM;
– Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 6×6 and 6×4 (current model) in Middleweight 4,495kgGVM, and Heavyweight 8,000kgGVM;
– Mercedes-Benz G- Wagen 6×6 (current model) in Heavyweight configuration 6,500kg GVM;
– Toyota Hilux 6×6 (current model SR5) in Middleweight 4,495kgGVM upgrade;
– Nissan Navara 6×6 (current model) in Middleweight 4,495kg GVM upgrade;
– Ford F150 6×6 (current model) for Middleweight GVM upgrade and/or Heavyweight GVM upgrades; and
– Ford F350 6×6 (current model) for Heavyweight 8,000kgGVM upgrade.
IPAs decrease the paperwork burden and the tyranny of Insurance & Registration costs for your truly superior new vehicle.
Some expensive hidden costs which other 6×6 provider’s designs can’t evade include excessive tyre-wear. This excessive ‘Tyre Scrubbing’ of its rear tyres is due to the fact other Bogie-drive Suspension systems don’t allow the axles to communicate with each other because there is no effective ‘Applied Loadshare’ between them. ‘Loadshare’ is important.
6×6 Australia’s Coil Spring Suspension (an International Registered Design) incorporates a mechanically integrated ‘Roll-Steer’ function, allowing the tyres to maneouvre under basic physical forces from the Payload as the vehicle corners (Inertia, Gravity, and Centrifugal-force combined). Also, in combination with our ‘Roller-drive’ Power-divider, the Coil Spring Suspension works to reduce tyre wear. It’s very subtle and difficult to describe without a proper demonstration, which helps explain these concepts further. Contact us to organize a personal demonstration for you.